Laurens County, SC – A busy weekend of events started on Thursday, and now that Friday is here the options continue tonight Friday, Sep. 28. Laurens County is host to plenty of fun family-friendly events across the county over the next two weekends. All are open to the public, and most are at no or low cost.
* Friday, Sep. 28 – Finally Friday! Main Street Laurens, Downtown Laurens. Options include a free concert by the party band Split Shot from 7 – 9 p.m., and from 6-8 p.m., visitors to the Historic Square can purchase tickets for $5 or $10 to sample either beer, chili or both from 6 to 8 p.m. at the many participating merchants.
* Sat., Sept 28 Family Promise Bed Race Fun style fundraiser, Historic Laurens Square, begins at 9 a.m. Watch and Vote for best team’s bed.
* Sat., Sep. 29 PAIA Lower Eastern Cherokee Nation Pow Wow, 3688 Warrior Creek Church Rd, Gray Court, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Grand Entry at noon. Entry fee $3 3-17, $5 adults.
* Sunday, Sep. 30 Laurens County Airport Breakfast Fly–In, 8 to 11 a.m. Free to see planes up close, and small fee for breakfast at 9 a.m.
* Sunday, Sep. 30 Garden Song, tickets at gate, Meditation Garden, Laurens County Memorial Hospital.
* Friday, Sat. Oct. 5 and 6, Main Street Laurens’ Squealin’ On The Square. Vendors begin serving at lunch Friday and music, games and booths begin at 5 p.m. an go all day Saturday. Downtown Laurens, S.C.
* Sat. Oct. 13, Main Street Clinton’s Scots and Brats, A Scottish Octoberfest, 3-9 p.m. in Downtown Clinton, S.C.