From brass bands to fireworks and hot dogs, Laurens County has a full slate of events to celebrate Independence Day.
The City of Clinton will get things starting Thursday with a patriotic Rhythm on the Rails, its regular summer concert series.
Other events include the Laurens Freedom Fest Monday night (July 3), featuring the grammy-nominated bands Better Than Ezra and Capital Cities.
Lights on the Lake at Lake Greenwood’s Camp Fellowship will celebrate its 10th anniversary Saturday night as will the Ware Shoals July 4 celebration, featuring fireworks, live music and a foam and dance party with a DJ from B93.7 radio.
The Town of Gray Court will cap the July 4 festivities with its annual fireworks display on Independence Day (Tuesday) beginning around 9 p.m.
Here is a list of events slated to celebrate the Independence Day holiday:
- Thursday: Town Rhythms featuring 246th Army Band of the S.C. National Guard, downtown Clinton, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10th Annual Lights on the Lake featuring the Jake Bartley Band, Camp Fellowship, Lake Greenwood, 5:30-10:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 4th of July Celebration featuring Funk Factory 5, fireworks, dance/foam party, Ware Shoals Amphitheater, 7 p.m. (fireworks at 9 p.m.)
- Monday: Laurens Freedom Fest featuring Better Than Ezra (7 p.m.) and Capital Cities (9 p.m.), fireworks after dark.
- Tuesday: Town of Gray Court Fireworks, 9 p.m.